Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Kalemegdan - Belgrade Fortress, Serbia






I took a 4-hr private shuttle from Timisoara, Romania to Belgrade, Serbia to avoid hot train rides and long border crossing. The strategy worked well, I paid only 15€ (about the same as the trains plus two legs of hostel-train station transportation) and I ran into old hostel mate Brat. I planned just walked along the busiest street and the Sava and Danube river shores, but I was inevitably attracted to Kalemegdan - Belgrade Fortress. Once an important military fortification, it now serves as the central park of Belgrade. It offers beautiful views, especially during sunset. The largest part of is a park, along with the fortress walls, with several cafes, tennis and basketball courts, museums and an observatory. By the way, I made a good decision to stay in a 8-bed dorm room for 8€ with three roommates and AC, nice and quiet common areas at Bed 'n' Beer hostel, instead of paying 16€ for a 4-bed dorm bed at the overcrowded Hedonist hostel.— checked in to Kalemegdan.

No comments:

Post a Comment