Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Blue Eye


Jennifer Teng 鄧之欣's photo.
Jennifer Teng 鄧之欣's photo.
Jennifer Teng 鄧之欣's photo.
I stayed one more day in Sarandë to visit the the Blue Eye Saranda or “Syri i kaltër”, a natural water spring with unknown depth, as divers had been down 50 meters yet stopped by the current force, and still weren’t sure where it began. After 45 minutes bus ride, we walked about 2 km and then across an old bridge down a short trail to get to the Blue Eye. There was a small pebble beach and less than 5 meters away from shore was the Blue Eye itself. It bubbled up and the colours were intense. The weather was overcast and the water was cold, so I only soak in my feet for photos. Some brave souls did dive into the Blue Eye and push out by the current, including the one making funny face behind me in one photo. I and my Brazilian hostel mate waited for a bus for over 20 minutes, then I got us a ride via hitchhiking back to town.
 — checked in to Syri I Kalter with Samantha.

No comments:

Post a Comment