Friday, June 24, 2016

Sinaia, Romania


Jennifer Teng 鄧之欣's photo.
Jennifer Teng 鄧之欣's photo.
Jennifer Teng 鄧之欣's photo.
I stopped over Sinaia on my way to Brasov to check out this one of Romania's finest holiday resorts, located deep into the Carpathian Mountains. In the late 19th century King Charles I of Romania chose Sinaia as his summer residence and built the fabulous Peles Castle, which is today the city's best known landmark. The interior is dense with rich and intricately carved wood, complete with hidden passages, foreign thematic rooms, and a captivating ancient weapons collection from around the globe. I met two Romania ladies who guided me to Sinaia Monastery which has a copy of the first Bible printed in Romania and an interesting collection of icons. 
The train station stopped lockers for luggages, so I left my big bag at the mini train museum next door (~ 2€ admission), which is closer than the a hotel charging the same fee. — checked in to Sinaia.

No comments:

Post a Comment